The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

08 March 2009

Splendour

What a glorious day this is! One of the best things about our Canadian winters is these first days of 'almost Spring' when the sun is clear and bright, the sky is wide open and blue, and the penetrating chill has left the air. People jump at the chance to wear fun shoes rather than sensible boots, and I've even seen a few bare legs lately. (Brave souls...it's not quite that springish yet)

After months of being weighted down with my heavy woolen winter coat, those cumbersome boots, layers of hats and scarves and sweaters and feeling like the Michelin man, going outside now in just the shell of my ski jacket, and sneakers...I'm sure I could fly if only gravity would relax its hold on me just a tiny bit!

The usual hassles and challenges of life are still present, but on a day like today they don't have the same impact on me. On a day like today I am bigger than they are; I am filled with happiness like helium in a balloon, and I feel like I could keep on expanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment