The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

28 April 2009

CTKS

Do it to me, wind! Do it to me! (Number Four Nephew when we were playing with the sheets hanging out on the line. The wind blew one into my face, and Four wanted a turn, too.)

Number Two Nephew has on occasion wandered in his sleep. One night, as his mom and I were in the living room after his bedtime we heard bathroom sounds of doors opening and closing, and water flushing. Then there were footsteps in the hall in our direction. I noticed him, and asked him what was up. He mumbled something I didn't catch, and snuggled against me. Suspecting he might not be really awake, I asked him if he knew where he was; to which he answered "In my house". I asked if he knew where in his house he was, he said "In the middle" which was perfectly true.

The end! No more story! (Four's version of the grown-up "End of story!" meant to put an end to negotiations)

No comments:

Post a Comment