The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

05 May 2009

Honestly!

So, I've been away for a few days, meaning my poor overworked computer has had a break as much as I have. I came back ready to get to it once more, but the power cord - an essential component of modern technology - decided to stay on vacation. Since so much of my raison d'etre is wrapped up in these bits and bytes I had to replace it quickly or my lifeblood would seep away.

After attending to necessities this morning I visited the usual places you would visit were you in need of computer accessories. Let me tell you now: do not bother. The usual places (The Day After Tomorrow Store; Supreme Purchase; Metal Paper Fasteners) do not stock computer accessories, do not know anything about computer accessories, and can't be bothered to tell customers anything about computer accessories. What a to-do! The whole endeavor quite wrung me out. Besides which, it turns out power cords are very expensive! Sheesh!

I am longing for the good old days of manual typewriters. The worst that could happen with them was the keys getting tangled if you typed too quickly. You would have to change the ribbon from time to time, but back in the day the usual places to buy typewriter supplies probably actually stocked supplies, knew about their stock, and provided excellent customer service.

I was so not impressed with the experience that I drowned my sorrows in a midweek movie. I watched an Aussie, a Brit, and a Canadian uncover a dastardly plot by American war profiteers. All is right in my world once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment