The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

14 August 2009

Thoughts on a Friday

Today is the feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe, beloved Polish saint who used the media of the day to spread devotion to Our Lady, and offered his life for another at Auschwitz. May he pray for our continued protection under the Mantle of Mary, Mother of God.

Only two weeks left of my current job. This summer has gone by so quickly. I wonder if I should begin fretting about a job 'down south' now, or wait a bit still? I'll probably begin worrying any day now; I'll try to hold off on fretting until I'm down there.

Often on a summer morning the windscreen of my car has an oozey kind of dew on it. Near as I can figure it doesn't come from a tree, though it is on the outside. It doesn't come off easily with the cleaning fluid, so I need to repeatedly squirt and wipe during the early stages of my ride in to work. Any ideas from readers out there what could be this ooze, and how to prevent it?

Further to cars and morning drives, I have to rethink my curent route, as it takes me directly into the low lying sun. That, combined with the early morning ooze, I'm practically blind until I hit the first set of lights and then change directions. I should probably choose safety over distance, right?

One more, coattailing on cars and driving: I spent an hour at the local Christian Book Store after work today, hoping to find a good Praise and Worship album. It's been a good long while since I've listened to any; I am quite out of touch with what's current/popular/good. I left without buying anything, but I've got a real hankering for some good P+W I can wail along with during long drives. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment