The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

10 February 2010

Challenge

I relish the challenge of writing spontaneously on an assigned topic (when it's not going to be marked by my curmudgeon of a prof!) Some of the results have been posted here: Carly, and here A Lass, and Martina, and here The Squire.

If you feel devious, inspired or helpful, drop me a line with an idea, scenario, suggestion or a single word. I will attempt to turn your prompt into a story or a poem.

I reserve the right to decline, modify or delay, but look forward to making the attempt. Don't be shy; come and play with me!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...

    How about as a first line "I have it under control"

    ?

    That set off any sparks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jon. I have it under control.

    Carly, I like it; shall sleep on't, and post something anon.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Gated Community! What would you say or write about a gated community?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a challenging topic, Bob... Fiction? Opinion? Non fiction/journalism? Writer's choice?
    I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More opinion than any you mentioned, Tess. Guarded community, countless rules, condo commanders, impeccable world within a world, if you will.

    ReplyDelete