The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

02 March 2011

CTKS

I say "Cheerio!" when I leave the house.  The small boys equate that to the round tasty oat cereal they eat for breakfast.  Their reply to me is, "You're a cheerio!" which is sung out with great delight. I leave the house with a big smile on my face each and every time.

Five has a remarkable vocabulary for someone of his years, but some sounds and words don't come out quite right.  Here is his recap of yesterday:

"We had munch with Tim Portons. There was no bango... I had a nagel, and a fing wif green and white and lellow sprinkles on it.  But my milk was boring. Look at me, I have a sheaf!"

Which translates to: "We had lunch at Tim Hortons.  Thank goodness I didn't have to eat a mango... I had a bagel, and a doughnut with green, white, and yellow sprinkles on top.  I didn't want to finish drinking my milk because it took too long and I lost interest. I'm a brave and mighty knight, watch me wield this plastic sword and sheaf with skill and bravery!"

2 comments:

  1. Five sounds like a little fella very close to my heart. He has his own way of doing other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a way to bottle him. Time is passing so quickly, and he's growing up so fast. I don't want to forget a thing about him as he is right now, from his walk to the sound of his voice.

    Is there a way we can do that?

    ReplyDelete