The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

27 April 2011

We never walk alone: prayer buddy reveal

I met wonderful new people this Lent through a prayer buddy project hosted at a blog I stumbled on through a friend (thank you Miss Bellum!).  It's a small world when you have good friends by your side.

I was given the opportunity to pray for Megan during Lent.  From her I learned a little about the heartache of infertility, which gave me new appreciation for what some of my friends are experiencing.  God gave women the special gift of suffering - mothers endure discomfort then pain during pregnancy and delivery, and on into the child's adult life. Ask any mother and they'll tell you it never really stops - a woman's heart can't help but love to the point of pain... and sometimes the pain comes from that love yearning for a child to give itself to.  Megan and her husband are now awaiting the birth of their first son - Praise God!

A blessed, happy and holy Easter to you, Megan, your husband and baby boy.  There is new life!


And, a special thank you to Lauren who has been praying for me as we wandered through the Lenten desert.  Thank you Lauren!  I've enjoyed reading about you since the 'Easter reveal'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment