The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

05 May 2011

Where the world stops for a goose

Where, in all the world, would you go, if the wishing it could make it so?

It's getting harder to choose a place, what with the political overthrows, civil unrest, and protests and uprisings... not to mention freakish weather like tsunamis, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods.  Sounds inviting, doesn't it? Would you like a little unseasonal heat with your Arab Awakening? Some flooding alongside your strike pickets?  Open your atlas and we'll find the spot for you.

Not for the first time I'm glad to have my own little life, in my own little home.  I've called this place we live Sohoe, which stands for Slice of Heaven on Earth.  It's a simple place. Some might say too simple.  But I like that on my way home from work, a traffic jam is three people waiting at the traffic light. I like that as I near home, there's a road where human activity comes to a halt while geese honk and waddle their leisurely way across from pond to creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment