The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

23 April 2013

All the words

I have run out of words.

I had company this weekend. My mama came to visit, to see the new flat and to explore Lake Town with me. We had such a nice time together: saw beautiful things; discovered charming places; ate yummy food; and talked.

We talked a lot.

For someone who is accustomed to solitude and silence, a four minute phone conversation is more talking than I'm used to - outside of work. Four days of chatting and listening was exponentially more than I'm used to. I borrowed words from next week, and probably even used up someone else's words as well. Someone, somewhere, right in the middle of a conversation just suddenly stopped talking... lips flapping like a fish out of water, hands clutching throat, puzzled look in their eyes, confused as to why there is no sound, no words. If that happened, it's because I used them all. If that happened to you, I'm ever so sorry.

I would apologize, but I just don't have the words.

2 comments:

  1. So THAT'S what happened to those words I couldn't think of. And all this time, I've thought it was my age. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It was you? I'm so sorry, Nancy... but thank you very much for the loan.

    ReplyDelete