The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

02 August 2013

Trending in a library near you: hugging trees

The Orchard house
The Lemon orchard
The Orchardist
The Apple orchard
The Courage tree
In the orchard, the swallows
Rubies in the orchard
Kilmeny of the orchard (ok, this is a bit of a cheat as it is from LM Montgomery and is very old, but I'm including it anyway. The creator of Anne with an e doesn't have to follow the rules.)


I find myself longing for a softly warm day, gentle breezes blowing just enough to whisper in the branches of the trees as I lay on a checked blanket, pretending to read but instead watching the clouds drift through the lace of leaves.

My book would be called 'The Lighthouse Tree'  It would be about An old lighthouse keeper at one of the last manned lights. Over the course of his long life he has had adventures, and encounters with memorable characters. The book recounts his story and the tree marks the passage of time.

What would your book be?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what the title would be, but I've always wanted to write a story about an evil tree, but I can never seem to make it work...

    And as I'm writing this, I remember that I have story (not sure if it will be short or novella length) called The Family Tree. It contains a somewhat supernatural element, but it's not horror. It's actually quite a warm and endearing tale - I have to get back to that some day.

    Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot make your story about an evil tree work because trees cannot be evil! Not unless they are tainted by the evil of Morgoth and then they become Mirkwood Forest. Poor old trees.

    The Family Tree sounds interesting. I would like to read it, when you get it written.

    ReplyDelete