The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

25 April 2018

Hello, the world!

...testing... testing... 

Does this blog still work?  Are there even any readers out there?

The itch to write has returned, and it is niggling at me, like a burr stuck to the inside of my sweater in a place I can't quite reach. The only thing to do, it would seem, is... write!

It has been an unendingly dark, grey, somber, cold, wet winter. All the hygge I could muster was not able to dispel the unendingliness of it. This week has felt like a reprieve for the sun shone as prettily as it could, the sky blued so beautifully, and the air was full of the happy sounds of chirping birds.

And then today happened. It is, once again, dark and wet with a general air of "nooooo, not again!"
As I sit here at my desk in the window, I hear the wind grabbing at the screen which is such a lonely, sorrowful sound. The sun is setting, and even though it is after eight which is much nicer than when it set at 4:30, I'm wishing it would linger just a little longer.

Still and all, we are surely heading into Spring, oh frabjous day!

I hope the sun is shining on you, where ever you may be.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this blog still works and you do have readers (well, at least one)!

    Unfortunately, my writing time has disappeared completely for the moment. Just when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel from the overtime at my day job my mother fell and broke her femur (essentially a hip fracture). Now my time is either at work or at the hospital - soon to be rehab center.

    Still, I will find the time to check your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, K!
    It's nice to hear that you're still out there, though I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers quickly and thoroughly, and that you will find more time to write. Do it!

    ReplyDelete